We are now in a world where it is not enough to engage users on one channel or one platform and expect them to convert. With so many brands offering almost the same products/services, retaining users and building a loyal user base is a huge challenge. This also accounts to the high volume of churn that has become a common experience for most digital marketers. Users can churn at any lifecycle stage, sometimes immediately after their first purchase on your mobile app. With the average smartphone user having more than 30 apps on their phone and uses only around 9 per day – this comes as no surprise at all.
Nearly 24% of installed apps were abandoned after the first use in 2017.
The above graph shows that the average Android app loses 77% of its daily active users (DAUs) within the first three days after the install and 90% within the first 30 days.
One of the best ways to battle this challenge is mobile app remarketing.
It has become the norm that brands now have to engage users on multiple platforms, establish their long-lasting presence and communicate with them to ensure they come back to your mobile app. Google and Facebook, being the largest sources of acquisition, are the most popular platforms to re-engage users.
With Insider’s Mobile App Remarketing product you can explore all these remarketing possibilities via Facebook/Instagram and Google/Youtube ensuring high user engagement and low churn. With this product, you can,
- Create highly targeted audience segments
- Engage user via Facebook/Instagram and Google/Youtube Ads.
- Track engagement and conversion
- Increase retention rate and boost conversions for existing users
- Improve ROI on remarketing spend by focusing more on user retention than acquisition
Remarketing 101: How and When To Do It
Based on the behaviour of users in your mobile app, you can create a segment on every imaginable scenario. You can create segments for users who uninstalled your app or abandoned a cart or searched for a particular item. This helps you create smaller but more precise audiences and improve the ROI of your remarketing spend.
Referring to metrics like ‘likely to churn’ and engaging them via Facebook and Google Ads, is just one form of mobile app remarketing scenarios. There are a lot more you can do with Remarketing. Here are some more industry based scenarios for your reference:
Across Industry : Reduce the Number of Mobile App Installs
- Re-engage users who did not open the app in the last 14 Days (Highly likely to churn) and try to bring them to the app.
- Make use of the ‘uninstall analytics’ from Insider’s dashboard and design a scenario targeting users who recently uninstalled your mobile app to encourage them to install it again.
Ecommerce and Retail: Deploy Location Based Retargeting
- Create a location-based remarketing scenario that is highly personalized for that particular region.
- Provide offers and discounts especially to re-engage users who did not make any purchase in the last 30 days.
- Create a sense of urgency by reminding your users that the unattended item in their cart is now on sale or maybe running out of stock soon.
News and Media: Provide Customized Content
- Create customized ad campaigns for a particular device and language.
Example: Send content to only Android users, or to those who set the language as English on their mobile devices.
Travel and Lifestyle: Re-engage to Trigger Purchase
- Reach out to users who downloaded the app but did not register or login in the last 7 days
- Re-engage users who downloaded the app 3 days ago and but it just once since then. Encourage them to open the app and take some actions leading to a final purchase.
Banking and Finance: Retarget with Contextual Market Information
- Show remarketing ads to users who consistently use your app and could benefit from additional assistance to manage their finances. Share personalized investment tips, tax and share market updates with users to keep them engaged.
If you’d like to chat about how you can build an end-to-end remarketing scenario for your business, drop me a quick line at email@example.com and we’d be happy to schedule a demo for you.
Visit our mobile in-app page to know what more you can do to engage your mobile app audience.