The Ultimate Digital Growth Guide for Airline Marketers
8 creative strategies for addressing airline marketer’s 6 main challenges and KPIs, including return on ad spend, conversion rate, passenger load factor, ancillary revenue, booking recovery, and more
Travelers spend at least 4 weeks of research on average before they buy an airline ticket. And the competition is getting tougher with new airlines, search engines, online travel agencies (OTAs), metasearch platforms, to name a few.
With 94% of bookers switching between devices and with most mobile websites and apps lacking the power to convince and convert, the challenge is multiple. According to our own data, only 2.17% of desktop traffic to travel websites results in conversions, and even less than half of it, 1.06% of mobile traffic to travel websites results in conversions.
That’s why we’ve put this eBook together, with an in-depth overview of the six main challenges marketers in the airline industry are facing—
- Attracting high-value customers in a competitive marketplace—without driving up advertising costs
- Delivering personalized digital experiences—without hitting IT roadblocks
- Shortening the flight booking lifecycle—by speeding up the path to purchase
- Improving the upsell—driving ancillary revenue to fuel overall business growth
- Keeping hard-earned customers engaged for the long-term
- Stopping cart abandoners in their tracks—by meeting shoppers where they are