Organic traffic is those visitors that land on your website from unpaid sources, aka essentially free traffic. Organic sources here include search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
The brand of digital marketing that focuses on improving organic traffic is called Search Engine Optimization. Organic traffic increases website trust and tends to have better conversion rates than paid traffic because there is a better intent for organic searches. The ROI for organic traffic is very high since it is semi-permanent in nature compared to paid ads.
There are more than 255 factors that contribute to organic search rankings but the most important ones are: providing the correct and updated content to the searches, using relevant keywords, and acquiring clicks from other high ranking websites.
Benefits of Organic Search:
Organic traffic is the most important form of traffic your website can get. It is more important than paid traffic or traffic from social media networks.
- Organic traffic results in highly qualified leads
- Organic search is a sustainable approach in the long run
- Builds higher customer trust
- It is driven by customer intent
- It is cost-effective
- Brings highly engaging customers
- Improves brand loyalty
- Competitive sustainable advantage
- Customer intent-driven ROI
- Higher conversion rates
How to Increase Your Organic Traffic:
As a marketer, the challenge is to make sure that when people look for a product or service like yours, they find you and not your competitor. Here’s how you can increase your organic traffic and get to SERP 1
- Optimize your content for your readers, not search engines
- Publish quality content regularly
- Use long-tail keywords in your content
- Include meta’s and internal links
- Leverage social media